The puppy's vet tried to save a 14 week old terrier that had bitten into a capsule from an electronic cigarette.   The little puppy, named Ivy, started frothing at the mouth and vomiting after consuming the liquid.   Despite prompt treatment the puppy died.

This very upsetting case shows how important it is to keep potentially dangerous products away from animals.

The Veterinary Poisons Information Services gave this recent statement:
'Exposure to nicotine-containing products (tobacco, nicotine replacement gums and patches, agricultural pesticides and e-cigarettes or ENDS) is potentially hazardous.'

For further information on this e.cigarette case and advise on poisonings round the home visit the Dogs Trust poisoning information page.