We are primarily a small animal practice. This means we mainly treat dogs, cats, rabbits, guinea pigs, ferrets and small caged pets. In addition to this Robin Creighton and colleagues also sees poultry cases (e.g. domestic chickens, ducks, geese). For existing clients only, we treat reptiles such as tortoises, snakes and lizards - new clients are advised to use veterinary practices with specific exotic pets provision, see below.
If you have an ‘exotic’ pet we will often recommend you seek veterinary treatment from an ‘exotics’ practice **. We do not have any veterinary specialists at Millennium but are willing to treat any species for first aid / emergency care then refer them on to an exotics practice.
The nearest practices to Braintree offering specific exotics treatment are:
- Southfields Veterinary Specialists, Laindon: www.southfields.co.uk ; Tel: 01268 564664 (Vet: Daniel Calvo Carrasco)
- Lawton and Stoakes, Harold Wood: www.vets.uk.net ; Tel: 01708 384444 (Vet: Dr Lawton)
- Tari Vets, Shenfield: www.tarivets.co.uk ; Tel: 01277 213005 (Vet: William Lewis)
- Earls Hall Veterinary Group, www.ehvg.co.uk ; Tel: 01702 322222 (Vet: James Lloyd and Ioana Junquera)
- South Beech Veterinary Surgery, Wickford: www.southbeechvet.co.uk ; Tel: 01268 560660 (Vet: James Lloyd)
RCVS Find A Vet listing:
** There are only a limited number of vets with either RCVS certificates, Advance Practitioner status or are Specialist vets in Zoological Medicine. To search for this please visit the RCVS Find a Vet website and used the advanced search option to select vets’ qualifications and species treated, click here.